TRL 096: How to Build One of the Top Travel Blogs in the World with Tom Rogers
Today on the podcast I am joined by Tom Rogers the co-founder of Adventure In You which is one of the top 15 travel websites in the world. Tom grew up in Wales and after finishing a degree in aerospace engineering decided to go backpacking where he met his co-founder and girlfriend Anna. In order to fund their travels, they decided to start a travel blog, and Adventure in You was born.
Tom and Anna have built an incredible business around their website and during this episode, we got to dive in deep on exactly how they’ve been able to create such a popular and successful business. We talked about why blogging is such a difficult business and how to create an effective strategy that allows you to win in an otherwise extremely competitive industry. Why it’s important to diversify your income streams and how to keep a cool head when things go wrong which will certainly happen at some point in all businesses and we even discussed some of the more nitty-gritty details like where the revenue in their business comes from, how they have been able to hire the perfect people for their business, how they set goals and determine what everyone on their team should work on and much much more.
If you want to build a business around blogging this is the episode you want!
What You’ll Learn
- Why Tom and Anna decided to start a travel blog
- How Tom’s travel blog became so successful
- Where will the travel industry be in a couple of years and after Covid-19?
- Top tips to stay level-headed when making business decisions
- Setting ‘fear-goals’ and how to overcome stress and anxiety
- Mistakes learned from the beginning of blogging
- The difference between “red oceans” and “blue oceans”
- How to find your blogging/business niche?
- Methods to diversify your income.
- How to hire the right people for your team?
- Free Webinar – How to build a successful blog
- Tim Ferriss fear-setting exercise
- How to start a business or podcast from scratch – Tim Ferris
- Big Marketing Idea – Todd Brown
- Dynamite Jobs
- Time Doctor
- TRL 026 with Liam Martin from Time Doctor
- Myers Briggs – 16 Personalities
- Follow Tom on Instagram
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
💬 Leave a comment below
📣 Share this episode on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram with your thoughts and tag it with #thatremotelife
To help out the show:
🌟 Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews help tremendously and I read each one
🤘 Subscribe to the show on Apple Podcasts or wherever you normally listen to podcasts.