TRL 099: Managing Your Money as an Entrepreneur & Bookkeeping Tips with Parker Stevenson from Evolved Finance
Today on the podcast I am joined by Parker Stevenson the CEO of Evolved Finance a bookkeeping and business education company dedicated to helping online entrepreneurs create profitable and healthy businesses. Parker and I connected online and I invited him on the podcast to discuss bookkeeping which does not get enough coverage when we talk about operating a business but is in fact extremely important in running a successful and profitable business.
During the interview, Parker and I covered lots of important topics like how to keep track of your bookkeeper as a new entrepreneur, why hiring a professional bookkeeper is so important, and specifically how Parker and Evolved Finance are helping online course creators get more control over their businesses. I had a ton of fun talking with Parker and I think you guys are going to get a lot of helpful information from this interview.
What You’ll Learn
- What is Evolved Finance
- How Evolved Finance can help create profitable and healthy businesses
- How to keep track of your bookkeeping as a new entrepreneur
- Why hiring a professional bookkeeper is so important
- How Parker and Evolve Finance are helping online course creators get more control over their businesses
- How being in a band helped shaped Parker’s entrepreneurship skills.
- Why Parker decided to pursue entrepreneurship over his music career
- How Parker got involved in the bookkeeping business
- How to negotiate your entry into a current business as a partner
- Pros and cons of having business partners
- How to separate and maintain friendship vs. business
- Why self-awareness is incredibly important in business communication and collaboration.
- At what point should a business hire a bookkeeper
- What are the 3 essential things to keep track of when starting a business?
- Why separating your personal and business finance is so important
- The importance of getting an accountant as early as possible
- Healthy vs unhealthy business expense percentages
- Getting loans as an entrepreneur
- 6-Figure Nomad Community
- Evolved Finance
- The Bottom Line Podcast
- “The Passion Economy” by Adam Davidson
- Gary Vee on self-awareness
- Tim Ferriss – ‘stop thinking of contracts are agreements, but as disagreements’ from Gary Keller interview
- “Traction: Get A Grip On Your Business” by Gino Wickman
- AZLO Business Checking (now closed, alternatives provided)
- “Profit First” by Michael Michalowicz
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
💬 Leave a comment below
📣 Share this episode on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram with your thoughts and tag it with #thatremotelife
To help out the show:
🌟 Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews help tremendously and I read each one
🤘 Subscribe to the show on Apple Podcasts or wherever you normally listen to podcasts.